Want to follow the healthy Mediterranean diet but don’t know where to start here are ten top tips to starting a Mediterranean diet plan.
Mediterranean meals focus on fresh food and ingredients, avoiding salt, fats like butter, processed food, sugary food and consume very little red meat in the Mediterranean culinary experience.
Mediterranean Pyramid Makes Life Easy
If you want a more visual meal plan then a Mediterranean pyramid will help in explaining how much of each food group you should eat daily, weekly and monthly. I find a food pyramid helps me a lot in preparing Mediterranean recipes throughout the week.
Mediterranean Diet Loves Red Wine
You can drink the odd glass of red wine when your following the Mediterranean diet, a glass with the main meal is usually how it’s done.
Weight Loss and the Mediterranean Diet Plan
The Mediterranean diet is more of a life style choice and just like any daily diet if you eat or drink to much you will get fat, don’t over indulge in portion sizes and you will lose weight by eating Mediterranean meals.
Mediterranean Diet one of the Best Diets
There’s no denying as diets go the Mediterranean way of life is one of the healthiest and best diets around in the modern world, which is why it’s so popular way of starting a healthier diet. Not only is the Mediterranean diet good for your body it is also good for the mind as well as your health, since the Mediterranean culture also focuses on eating meals with family and exercising daily.
10 Top Tips to Starting a Mediterranean Diet
10 Tips To a Mediterranean Diet
* Remove animal fats and dairy solids like butter and lard from your daily diet.
* The Mediterranean way is to cook with olive oil including putting it on bread instead of butter or margarine.
* Unlike the no carbs diet Mediterranean meals use a lot of bread and pasta in it’s recipes.
* Go for whole-grain bread and cereal, and begin your Mediterranean Diet by eating more whole-grain rice and pasta in your recipes
* Cut Salt out of your food preparation and use herbs instead for flavour
* Eat more healthy meats like fish and chicken – Grill, bake or broil fish and avoid breaded and fried fish.
* The Mediterranean diet has very little red meat only eating red meat 3-4 times a month
* Eat fresh veggies and fruits in every meal and eat them for snacks as well.
* Keep whole nuts and seed on hand for snacks, choose peanut butter or almond butter with no added sugar or hydrogenated fats added.
* Don’t go for processed foods.